Improving the in-car dashboard and console presentation notes
Here are the slides and research notes for the lighting talk presentation I did at Visualising Data London.
There's a trend for digital displays replacing physical gauges, lights and buttons inside cars. However, the software that powers them is pretty bad. Here are a few improvements that will help a lot.
Link to Google Slides or download them as a PDF
- Why The Car Industry Needs To Rethink The Dashboard User Interface Design
- Car Dashboard UI Collection
Is the speedometer and other dials still useful?
- Speedometer Design: Why It Works
- The tachometer – the most useless car component… at Commonsense Design
- Ustwo reimagines the in-car cluster